Thursday, October 23, 2014

Repentance, Always Repentance

So.

Yeah.

It's not okay to speak out against my brothers and sisters, in any capacity, publicly.

That...has been a difficult one to swallow. And I've wrested with it for the past 24 hours, even as it was on my heart in writing, last night.

Their pain is my pain. Their loss is my loss. Their triumph is my triumph. And their difficulty is my difficulty.

What did Paul say? ...something about those who are spiritual gently correcting our brothers and sisters back onto the way? Not publicly, at once.

There's such a thing as being in fear for associating, yeah. Distancing as to refrain from falling. Because those who do stand are to stand, still. And to be careful lest they fall.

But what, to just abandon those who are joint-heirs, crying out with the same Spirit of adoption as resides within us?...to just abandon them, seeing stumbling blocks and having been dealt such merciful grace as to have been able to avoid those very same? To have been saved out of those very clutches, then to just abandon beloved siblings in the body of Christ?

No, surely not.

Prayerfully, and with all humility and supplication before the Lord for all our common salvation and deliverance, then to seek direction as to what to do, beyond prayer?

Or, if it falls to a one, then just to pray and pray with all fervor and penitence before the Lord, that we all might be brought to the same true state of deliverance?

I don't know how to proceed, honestly. Except to know that it must be done of the Spirit, wholly IN the Spirit and BY the Spirit's work in AND through me. Yielded to direction, as to have ordered steps. Wholly ordered, the way made straight.

Because my own understanding is paltry, even at its best. And, before the Lord, my own understanding is utter folly. Complete nonsense, is my understanding.

That but which He yields to me, in my yielding wholly to Him, is the only which guides and orders direction through the midst of the wildest chaos. Because how can a thing which is set in chaos do aught but know chaos? Only the Lord is Truth. The Way. The Light in the darkness which so completely besets this world, and He is the only light. Dear Jesus. Precious Savior. Lord of all.

Even to Paul did He give Light. So, how is it to me, to bemoan the darkness which besets so many? Rather than to offer further prayers and supplication on ALL our behalf?

Seriously.

Terrible, absolutely terrible.

And who am I, with yet who knows what beams restricting my sight--only the Lord knows! Not me, and no man. But the Lord knows. And He alone is faithful to both chastise AND correct--deliverance is HIS.

Not mine. In no way, shape, nor form. Aside of that He is mine, and all which is mine--none else is mine. Nothing. And He is all, in all. And to all.

Some more aware than others, but yet by His grace still sufficient to each.

So, who am I to question His will? No one, except one who ardently seeks after His heart and to operate wholly conformed to His will. What a presumptuous bit of thing to even hope for, let alone to pray! But what to do, except pray for what is His will?

Oh... *sigh*

It has always pained, though, to hear public denouncement of the practices of churches. Rather than to hear ardent prayer for the full deliverance of our brothers and sisters, to hear commentary on their stumbling, as though it were so far a thing from where any of us once were...

So, why?

If one of us has stumbled, Paul said we're to help. If we're not led by the Spirit as to directly intervene, then had ought not there be prayerful supplication at least, rather than denouncement?

So to be careful, let we also fall? ...as into likewise misstep unto delusion?

Our God is faithful to deliver. None can stand against us. As He is for us.
So, had we ought not all stand TOGETHER, then?

We are but one body. ONE body. Not a Frankenstein of mismatched and haphazardly sewn bits, jolted to life by an errant force...NO. But a body fashioned by Christ HIMSELF, unto HIS OWN IMAGE. His bride.

So, yes, as Paul was wont to point out--can the eye say to the foot, "I don't need you!"???

NO.

Each part is fashioned according to its own place and function in the body, by the SAME Holy Spirit which ever drew and saved us all.

So, I'm sorry. To the Lord, and to any and all. It was not, nor ever will it be my place, to be judge nor jury.

Merely another servant, humbled by grace so severe that my direst wounds were yet sanctified unto His glory. How horrid a thing that I should ever look down upon my brothers or sisters, or even more especially, upon those yet lost and so blind as once I was.

How terrible. A wretched state, yet convicted and evermore repented of...oh, how horrible.
I am so sorry.

Lord, forgive me.
Forgive us.

Lord, help us all.
You are mighty to save, and salvation rests in You, alone.

Your will be done.
And praise Your holy name forever, Jesus.

Thank You, Lord.

...the Lord's prayer is so vast and wonderful.
Just to meditate upon and in it daily is such a blessing.


No comments: