Friday, October 17, 2014

Falcons?

What is the bit about forbidding people from marrying?

For just a moment yesterday, I heard someone talking about a pastor renouncing his license to marry should he be put in a position as forced to complete marriage under newly legislated governmental definitions.

It seemed relevant. Revelant. But I'm not sure in which way.

Eh. Doesn't presently matter. Just another piece of the puzzle.

In other news, a handful of Dutch bikers have rallied to join the force against ISIS. Seriously. Look into it.

Strange days, indeed.

I was continually wandering across stuff about Chaldeans, up till a few days ago, but don't have even the faintest idea what it was all about. Maybe eventually. There's neither the time nor the means at present to being genealogical studies, although, there's a curiosity as to whether that would even prove relevant. No idea.

Last couple of days have been packed with divine appointments. Had no idea testimony would be required, as to witness to folks who came to me with questions. Trippiness. Then, had to make a phone call today, and it was the same. Then received a call (it's been...oh, maybe two weeks?...since anyone has called me, and even then it wasn't about the gospel...which is largely why no calls have been desirable)...received a call specifically for me, on my family's phone, requesting information about Heaven. Given stuff from the past week, it was fresh in mind, and I just started talking. Found out some things, along the way of doing so.

The phone call prior to that ended up including a request for me to come testify amongst a crowd. Which, as I told her, and as she understood--only as the Lord is willing. She wants me to come back and visit her soon. She's been on my mind, this past week--wrote about her and her son a couple nights ago. I wanted to visit her a number of days ago, thinking it might be possible, but it wasn't given me to do. But she understands.

That's something I had been worried about, though (in as much as "worry" is even a "thing" anymore--moreso, prayerful concern as to capability to do the work of the Lord...and prayerful concern as to how to even begin--in other words, "worry" consists of "Oh, Lord, what do I do and how do I do it? Please show me the way!). "How to go about beginning upon The Great Commission."

Seriously. It's been a major concern, this past month. Been all sortsa just asking and humbling submitting to his will, as to how or when or if or...anything.

My mind is taken back to something said by one of those whose teaching has been sound and is followed in appreciation of fellow service, recently. As to how...people think you have to know everything...know ALL the Bible...and be - mentally - prepared to answer ANY and ALL of the potential questions.

Those have been the points of greatest concern, to me. The ones which I've been praying about the most, because I'm not prepared by any means. I don't know the things I want to know, in entirety, and the things which I do know, I'm not capable of defending beyond just KNOWING them, beyond doubt.

But the point the fellow made was that it wasn't about that. And he's right.

My experience has now been that...I'm given the words. People have come to me. And I'm given the words. Whatever they are. And even as there's much which is well-founded in scripture, which comes out, there's also a good deal which is just a pure testimony to the very real experiences I've had. A witness. First-hand testimony--I've personally witnessed Jesus's grace and goodness and awesomeness in my own life. And I can attest to it. Wholeheartedly.

And I have.

In ways which others might find odd, or even...I don't know--controversial.

Talking last night to the security guard at the hospital (well...this morning, really--just, it was still dark. 4am, maybe?)...He asked about my mom, and I felt need to tell him she was gone, that she'd killed herself in 2007. He started apologizing, but I just explained to him that the Lord had given me peace. That it was okay. And, out of nowhere, started talking about the last time I'd tried to kill myself, and how I understand where she was, even. So it went from him being utterly contrite for having brought up what was expected to be such a lingering misery, to me testifying as to how, even in the midst of my complete loss...Christ delivered me. From whiskey and raid, Holmes.

Figure that one out, Sherlock.

Dude was utterly shocked. Whiskey and raid. Even started a second can of raid, to no effect. And just went to bed mad because it wasn't working.

He realized the significance of that--in that, by all rights of how the world works...that should have unequivocally resulted in death. Period.

Dude was speechless. And I just told him--it wasn't because I was doing anything right, because I was doing EVERYTHING wrong. At that point, yeah.

But, still--God's grace is so incomprehensibly awesome and He's so unfathomably good that, regardless of where I was at that point--still, he delivered me from death. Still. He delivered me from death.

Same as he did a couple weeks ago when I accidentally poisoned myself with some medicines which apparently aren't supposed to be ingested, and yet which I did ingest for some reason unknown to me. I mean, goodness! I didn't even realize the severity of the situation until, an hour-ish in, reading through Revelations, the uncontrollable urge to vomit overtook me.

And there were certain fluids to consume, and prayer. And much vomiting.
And sleep. And every time I stopped breathing, I woke up with a gasp for air.

I don't take that lightly. I don't.

Sharing about it is to one end, only--that His glory might be magnified through testimony of His faithfulness to me, and His absolute goodness to me, through even my moments of error.

And I was led to tell dude all that, last night. He praised the Lord, with me.

It's not to me, to know to what effect the things will be. That isn't to be my concern. Whatever ground upon which it falls--not my concern. Just, to follow the Lord's will in all ways, increasingly conformed. With no other concern.

Because He has it all.

Okay, so, now...I'm not sure what's next, but there's something need done inside the house. And that requires putting away the computer for now. Gotta go find out.

Much love to all you. God bless you and keep you ever nearer.

No comments: