Saturday, October 4, 2014

In the Gap?

Things which have been brought to my attention, by one course or another, with intent:

Fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.

Proverbs 9:10
The reverent and worshipful fear of the Lord is the beginning (the chief and choice part) of Wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight and understanding

Ezekiel 22:29-30
The people of the land have used oppression and extortion and have committed robbery; yes, they have wronged and vexed the poor and needy; yes, they have oppressed the stranger and temporary resident wrongfully.
 And I sought a man among them who should build up the wall and stand in the gap before Me for the land, that I should not destroy it, but I found none.

Psalm 68:9-11
You, O God, did send a plentiful rain; You did restore and confirm Your heritage when it languished and was weary.
 Your flock found a dwelling place in it; You, O God, in Your goodness did provide for the poor and needy.
 The Lord gives the word [of power]; the women who bear and publish [the news] are a great host.

Joel 2:23-30
Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice, for the Lord has done great things!
 Be not afraid, you wild beasts of the field, for the pastures of the wilderness have sprung up and are green; the tree bears its fruit, and the fig tree and the vine yield their [full] strength.
 Be glad then, you children of Zion, and rejoice in the Lord, your God; for He gives you the former or early rain in just measure and in righteousness, and He causes to come down for you the rain, the former rain and the latter rain, as before.
 And the [threshing] floors shall be full of grain and the vats shall overflow with juice [of the grape] and oil.
 And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten—the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.
 And you shall eat in plenty and be satisfied and praise the name of the Lord, your God, Who has dealt wondrously with you. And My people shall never be put to shame.
 And you shall know, understand, and realize that I am in the midst of Israel and that I the Lord am your God and there is none else. My people shall never be put to shame.
 And afterward I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions.
 Even upon the menservants and upon the maidservants in those days will I pour out My Spirit.
 And I will show signs and wonders in the heavens, and on the earth, blood and fire and columns of smoke

And there's a bunch of stuff in Isaiah, one bit in Hosea, a couple passages in Hebrews regarding ministers being made as flames of fire, a bit about God's own being as the wind, and the corresponding bits in Psalms.

The more I read of Psalms (and the rest of the Bible), the more it seems to BOTH reflect and extrapolate upon all else in the Bible. ALL else in the Bible. Old AND New Testament. Simultaneously.

The book in Psalms with the Hebrew letters is very curious, right now, and I don't know why.

Yet.

Just...it keeps coming to mind, the way I write. And I don't suppose it's always so, but...increasingly so, over the last couple years, I've written backwards.

I never intend to do it. It just happens. And I know there's something significant about that. I just don't know what the significance is.

If nothing else, writing that way...and, further, as outlined in detail to a friend of mine, about nearly two years ago...

As writing goes, there's always possibility of speaking on multiple levels simultaneously.

I was explaining to him why I write the way I do, in regard to various bits on Facebook and in other places. He had expressed both curiosity and appreciation for my writing, and had outright mentioned that he always got the impression that, although he understood some of what I was talking about, there always seemed to be something more, and he just didn't know what it was.

I told him it was intentional. Being able to communication with a variety of people on different levels of meaning correspondent to relational intimacy was desired, especially in a medium whereby the vast majority of those to access the writing were of a more distant acquaintance...given that desire to share more deeply did yet exist, and to make it accessible to all, still.

Given some of my prior acquaintances, communication had taken on a whole new level and meaning years ago--in order to be able to discuss matters of a greater importance with a much higher degree of severity for understanding on a level which was progressive and yet wholly secure from intrusion by others who sorely needed to remain without such awareness, a sort of codex naturally developed out of dialogue.

Certain words took on levels of meaning wholly unattributable to them, without proper AND comprehensive contextual understanding. Yet, not only did previous established contexts establish a grade of rule for increased connotational intents, so did each successive mention both add to potential connotational inferences by further denoting intent per degree.

It doesn't fail to escape my notice, as irony goes, that one of the words which was a signal word then can be conferred as to have the same such connotational, comprehensive, cumulative inferences per Biblical terminology. Veil. The veil. Beyond the veil.

But it doesn't surprise me.

Five years' worth of codec language development as intensive study translates fairly readily unto this embarkation. Especially considering I had and have taken the nine years since then to further adapt the learned process to my own purposes, quite effectively.

Though not to the extent it had gone in that intial process, since. Not really. There hasn't been such a requirement for total exclusion, since. Nor has there been any need for that level of intimate exchange. Thoughts, direct.

The thing which made it all the more challenging, we'll say, was that there was an odd and inconsistent mixture of metaphorical and literal terminology. Inconsistent sufficient as to wholly obscure where the line was drawn, without ongoing association as to have developed understanding.

Regardless, in that conversation I'd been having a couple of years ago, I didn't explain the backstory. I just gave him the keys to comprehension. I explained what was going on. I explained that those who knew me best were already aware of precisely what was going on in my day to day life, so the use of certain words would trigger memory of conversations recently had sufficient as to allow for comprehension of the seemingly obscure as a literal addition to what was already known.

Secondarily, those who knew me well enough as to be familiar with my modus operandi, familiar with my means of ways of approaching life--those who knew me well enough as to care about my welfare, without being concerned with my day-to-day details as so to do...
...they would be able to gauge the tone, given the words used. Given syntax. Regardless of not comprehending the entirety of what was going on, they would be able to tell how I was doing, at the very least. They would be able to gauge some literal meaning, in this capacity.

Thirdly, there are those who don't know me, but who remember me from some instance of meeting. Whether it was a random conversation wherein I pestered them about random things until they started to open up for a moment, or whether they knew my name and face from having sat in the same room over the course of a semester in class, they knew me in passing.

To them, the meaning derived is whatever's ascribed. Same as the degree to which they know/knew me--they will ascribe whatever meaning to my words which they would themselves attribute to the words, without necessarily finding any meaning at all. Poetry, to some. Noise, to others. The most insightful thing they'd read in an age, to fewer still.

They would find whatever meaning they needed to find, if they were looking for meaning at all.

Sometimes.

And, then...sometimes words were just words.

But he understood. He was in the second group. But once I explained how things worked, including giving insight into some specific matters I'd written of as such, he was taken a bit aback by how much more was there than he'd realized, yet that it was as plain as day.

One of the last things I'd written to friends had specific mentions made to a small handful, so that if they did read, they'd know they were the intended audience. Each of them. Equally. The message as a whole was entirely the same for each, but the desire to communicate was specific to each.

It keeps crossing my mind, though, all that--a lifelong pursuit of that sort, really, through varied stages...was part and parcel to where I am, now.

Which must be the case for everyone called according to His purpose. Truly. With all things working to our good, ultimately, as to His glory? Yeah.

Reflecting about that method of communication, though--every time it comes to mind, I'm just shocked yet again more deeply at how the Bible so wholly was written in such a way.

The Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary for interpretation--Jesus said He'd teach in all things and bring to remembrance everything He had said. In order to interpret thematic codex, it is absolutely vital to have an established vocabulary and understanding by which to operate. Thus, so vital to have all which He had ever said brought to mind, IN PROPER CONTEXT.

I don't care who you are, it's just beyond human ability to do that without assistance in a text of that historical, social, religious, etc., breadth. Because the words themselves are not exempt from securing operative connotational distinctions from within their then-present, real-time physical surrounding as determinative context.

I know this merely from having experienced development of a similar "language" over a five year period, within a group of maybe 10. Personal experiences of individuals were NOT exempt from becoming operative code. The opposite can be true, moreso because it requires a further depth of commitment to both communication and interpretation which makes all the whole that much more discreet. Sublimely discreet. Wholly obscure, given that seemingly a mundane conversation rife with a very precisely ordered series of words can serve as a wholly other sort of missive, simultaneous.

That sort of thing cannot be explained. It does have to be experienced. The only way to understand is to experience. One can be walked into such a situation unawares, then given revelation, however.
Precisely the sort which was such a primary focus for a few years in New Orleans, truly.

Keywords and phrases this week:
Harvest, Fire, God is in control, Ministers of fire, Standing in the gap, Apostles, Prophets, Faith

New today:
Called to His purpose, Persecution for the sake of Christ/the Gospel is an honor celebrated by the apostles,

Dude had a word for me at church tonight, too. It was...odd. Not in the sense that it was a strange thing which he said. The things he said are things I already knew, from fellowship. But it's as though he struggled to say them. He did struggle to say them. The first part moreso than the latter part.

It pained him to say the stuff he said, so much so that he literally stammered...repeatedly and terribly. Unnaturally.

Not in the sense that there was reluctance, either. He wanted to have a word for me.

Ah. Obedience.

I hope the Lord helps us all with that. It doesn't come naturally, by any means.
Spiritually, by rebirth, transformation, and renewal.

I'm kind of surprised it's okay for me to post all this, but then...sometimes the stuff I'm let to do is so I'll go through the process of learning, over course of undoing.

I pray that isn't this. Being in His perfect will is the only way to go. Permissive will works for most, but the fulfillment wrought of obedience just isn't there.

No comments: