Thursday, September 29, 2016

Reinforcement is Nice






All these images were taken across an area spanning perhaps 15 miles, over an hour and a half's time this afternoon...there was one more, too, but it's so faint in the picture, I'm keeping it (and a few other things, similarly) to myself.

Also, it's possible the last two photos are of one which was becoming brighter, unto the extent of the last image--not sure, but it's in the same area...about 10 minutes' loss of sight of the phenomenon, between images...and a different perspective, too. So, maybe?

Regardless--every time one disappeared, another appeared. the entire drive back to garage at end of workday. And I stopped for a few minutes seeing the first double (I'm permitted 15 minute break). And stayed until the last ones had all but entirely disappeared. Otherwise, it wouldn't have been nearly an hour and a half's time.

But, then, if I hadn't waited a while with the first one, perhaps the others would not have been as they were. And if it hadn't taken so long inside the garage, and to get to the rooftop...maybe I'd have missed that one, too.

I almost didn't go onto the rooftop, yesterday afternoon--didn't even think twice, today. Told the Lord He could show me on the drive, yesterday, though--I didn't feel like going up there. Didn't want to. Too dejected and just done. But, turned around and went back up, anyway.

Glad of it. Glad of taking the time, today, too.

I really need to calm down and just trust the Lord, already.
It's the little things, sometimes. Because, seriously, unless things are spelled out in explicit detail, I will doubt my interpretation to the extent that anything perceived loses meaning with a quickness unless it's overt. That tendency to discard perception partially is due to tendency to also discount a good deal of what's perceive just because it's not necessary to take to heart as constituting a passing thing, not representative of general being. Just "chance" or "passing" things, in other words. Between the two--doubting interpretation when there's any leeway for multiple and discarding what's not blatantly obvious as intended...tends to make for a lot of uncertainty. So, getting an hour+ worth of continual, following, visible reminders that He remembers all the many things--really, a visible, present-tense reminder of His love? That seriously helps. And if I were less of a wretch, such things would probably entirely cinch me to a place of utmost trust and abject reliance. Rather than still continuing to fear.

I do believe, Lord--please help my unbelief.

Whatever comes or goes, He won't forsake.
I know this. I rest in it, in the midst of uncertainty.
He will do the things. He will work the change.
It's His will that matters--howsoever He wills.
Then, so be it.

I'm probably not going to continue to share the things He gives, such as these. It's not generally a right or good thing to do, being so sacred and utmost precious. But for the moment, though. Just for the moment. Then, to whatever end He wills.

There's definitely a weird sort of line to walk, in sharing so relatively openly--not wanting to devalue or undermine or unduly exalt or the like. There's enough tendency toward arrogance and self-congratulatory speech and regard, in general, so sharing at all openly here...is a tightrope walk. And I fail sometimes.

But I trust the Lord to do as He will, regardless. This space has been a place to share what He's given, without self-conscious restraint. And self-consciousness that gives toward restrictive anxiety has definitely taken a stand, time and again...but it doesn't win.

Because I want to glorify Him, and tell of what He's done for me, tell of who He is. And even when that means making in-any-way-plain my own wretchedness, then may His mercies and love be magnified for being lavished on such as wretch as me.

Jesus is my reason for getting up in the morning. He's the reason I leave the house. He's the reason I love others, even if so imperfectly still. And He's the reason I want to become more gracious and gentle and loving and kind.

I want to be like Him, because He is so absolutely wonderful and it makes my heart thrill just to think of being nearer Him. But, between the here and now and the eventual complete conformation...there's a lot of ick.

Just...will keep striving toward Him. And whatever He would will, as means to draw out of sin--all the while seeking He would shed light on what there is which doesn't please Him. Because I don't know, unless He makes it clear through His Word and by His Spirit. It doesn't compute, until He sheds light.

He will. He does. And I'll keep waiting, in the meantimes.
By grace and through faith.

But getting reinforcement from Him, receiving encouragement and confirmation--yes, please.

So, thank You, Lord. Thank You. =)

I will tell of the things that You have done for me.
Thank You.

No comments: