Saturday, October 1, 2016

Trust Christ

So done right now. And I haven't even given in to compulsions to do destructive things for days. The Lord has restrained me with His love.

I will trust the Lord. He will preserve me. Whatever happens.
He's held me together so far, every time I've completely fallen apart.
He won't stop now.

Even when I am wretched and completely botch things--listening to fear rather than the Lord...still, He disciplines, chastises, corrects, and ultimately glorifies Himself. My sin doesn't deter Him from continuing to work His will in my life.
Doesn't justify sin, but makes it apparent as all the more wretched...and yet, my inconsistencies and failures don't deter Him.

Through whatever comes, then, I will trust Him.

Though terror seeks to destroy, I will trust Him.
Though grief attempts to devastate, I will trust Him.
Though despair attempts to overwhelm, I will trust Him.
Though anxiety attempts to crush, I will trust Him.
Though pain attempts to derail, I will trust Him.

Whatever comes.
He will be my strength, my shelter.
He will be my comfort and my help.
His love will keep me from remaining fallen, no matter the bruises and scars.
His love will heal me.

He will keep me.
I will trust Him.
Whatever comes. And whatever goes.

He gives and He takes away.
I will trust Him.
And I will praise Him, even when it hurts.
Loving Him continues in the midst of pain.
So comes worship, at times, through weeping.

No comments: