Thursday, April 23, 2020

How Sweet It Is

After today, I am going to have to stop using my right hand for non-necessities. Which includes typing. I can text one-handed, if slowly. But these lengthy posts, definitely not. And for that matter, being on Facebook in general would be a place not needed. I want to hone my focus on the Lord and seek Him more ardently, in the time that's been allotted to that end.

And part of that is through diligent study. Part, through ministry/fellowship. And prayer.

Being online, distractions are rife. Far too easy to waste time staring at marginally informative, marginally edifying materials in rapid sequence, rather than honing focus by pursuing matters which are truly, personally needful unto growth in Christ and understanding of Him. I want to be more intentional. I want to make better use of my time. And my finances.

We'll see. For now, I need to make a phone call. I may write here again briefly later, or possibly on Facebook (maybe no, enough mess there, enough distance enforced).

My chipmunk friend and a rabbit are near, now. The squirrel isn't. Perhaps due to the rain.

The Lord was so kind today, of time with other saints. And my heart is warmed to them in a way which it hadn't fully been before, to see and appreciate who each is as a brother and sister in Christ. So joyful it is, indeed, when the brethren get along. My heart is full, with this. Even still grieved, I am so full of gratitude and joy--thanksgiving unto the Lord for fellowship, beloved brethren and sisters whom I spurned the company of for so long, wrongly, to my own detriment. I was not in a place where I could be at liberty to interact. I'm grateful the Lord has humbled me and healed me to be able to love.

No comments: