Saturday, July 25, 2015

Never a Stranger

Today has been such a blessing. Every day is, rightly viewed....regardless whether rightly viewed, really--still, the fact is as it stands.

I was able to meet and enjoy the company of two folks passing through the area, earlier. Reminded so much of myself, so much of others whom I've known and cherished over the years. And they told me bits and pieces of their story. And I told them the most recent portion of mine (plus relevant preceding details necessary for decent context), in terms of how completely Christ has changed my life...and of the magnitude of the revelation of His ever-present reality and being.

Changed. Totally altered.

After the conversation, I prayed as to whether it would be okay and right to return to Facebook. I've been increasingly drawn there again for the past...couple weeks, perhaps? Out of nowhere. Just drawn to it. But wanted to make sure that path is according to His will, not mine, nor that of anything which might be seeking to play interference.

Meeting them today, though, and requested of Facebook...after prayer, it seemed right and good to go and ensure I was made available for finding according to email. Part of which process this time entailed going through overdue correspondence which has lain in wait for six months...or, most of it, at least. And writing. And conversing at least passingly with a couple of folks cherished.
One of whom there was time given to extended conversation, blessedly.

Myself as awkward as ever. But I'm trusting the Lord to work out the details.

For now, though. Sleep. And prayers. And gratitude.

No comments: