Monday, January 16, 2017

Song: You Loved My Heart to Death, Though You Slay Me


"It's taken me some time to believe
There'll never come a day
That You'll ever leave
That when I drive the nails through Your hands
You do not recant
You never take it back

Oh I drank the cup of death
It's running through my veins
I chose my pride instead
Of the glory of Your name
All the wrath of God that I
Deserve with every breath
Fell upon Him
And He loved my heart to death"

If He were any other than He is, there is no way life would be possible and hope feasible. I keep forgetting, still, all the things He has done. He defies every expectation. 

Since coming to know and walk with Him, nothing has been at all like life before. I need to remember Him, always. Not remember the past. Remember Jesus. 

He will help. Because He's just that amazing. And wonderful. And loving. And kind. And patient. ...and longsuffering, even. And I love Him, above all. And He won't leave me. He won't forsake me. I am His. And no matter what happens to me in this life, that is everything which matters. He is. And whatsoever He wills.

Whatever.

Need more witnessing. argh Lord?

Whatever comes and whatever goes, I will have Christ. And will draw nearer to Him. And that's everything and more than I could have ever dreamed.

So, however He leads. I lay down my hopes and dreams at His feet, as He would have them be. And I will go and do as He leads. Because I love Him. Because I live for Him, alone. I have nothing else, even as He has given gifts. Such gifts.

But still, they're His to give and take as He would will.
But His love...His love is never withdrawn.

Lord, help me remember. Help me see truth.
Help me and help those whom I love, whom You love.
And all those who are Yours. Help us, Lord.
For the sake of Your love. For the sake of Your mercy toward us.
For the sake of Your name. Jesus, be glorified in us. Please.

No comments: