Friday, April 25, 2014

A New Corner

I never know where to start. Just jump in?

Writing helps too much to give up on doing so, yet there aren't quite places for it, these days. Too much has been changing, too rapidly, and acclimation has entailed a good deal of withdrawing. Processing requires a certain amount of solitude.

Support, still. Interaction, yes. But a good deal of solitude, alongside.

Part of the draw for writing here is the relative anonymity. Trust has been a major point of internal unrest, lately--not knowing who to trust and feeling a bit cut off from older friends, per recent-ish lifestyle changes, makes communication a sticky point.

I hold my friends in highest regard--some are practically family, given all we've been through together. But my primary focus, my general outlook on life, has altered a lot over these past few years--the points of contact we once shared are no longer part of my daily perspective. So, we talk and catch up, and that's it.

Religion is the core of the division.

Life has changed for me. I've experienced too much to turn my back on my beliefs, any longer. And what bits of passing reference have occurred between myself and old friends has made it clear there's not an opening for discussion. When, more than anything, spiritual matters are what I want to discuss, nowadays.

So, there's here.

Where, I anticipate there's going to be a bit of a mess for a while. But not forever.

One step at a time, after all.

Keeping my vision uplifted.

No comments: