Friday, September 10, 2021

Of the Chosen?

How life could have become any more intense than it had been two months ago escaped my wildest imaginings--I was so far beyond my abilities, in July: my sister was dying, the Lord delivered her from death. And the ensuing and surrounding circumstances were wholly incomprehensible.

That, immediately preceded by an intensity of exchange which I can't recall except to remember that this has been the way of things for many months. I've often reflected in moments before the Lord that it's amazing that He has His people in such a frenzy right now, flitting about doing so many manner of things, so rapidly and yet so thoroughly and diligently and fervently, with His love and power. 

I am grateful. 

And all the more now, to be with a group that I am deeply honored to walk beside. There are matters too close to my heart right now, to discuss openly. I continue taking it to Jesus. He knows. My grief and elation. Absolute impossibility. 

Absolutely impossible. 

But then, all this which is happening is wholly impossible. All of it. Yet God is the God of the impossible--He has created all which is, from nothing, and sustains it by the power of His will. 

Those upon whose life He has a call, He will prevail. And yet I ever grieve and fear, remembering too that many are called but few are chosen. 

I don't understand these things right now. I am nothing. I am no one. And wretched, in so many ways...but I trust the Lord. And I will continue to plead, for all these whom I now love. He has loved and given more than ever I could attempt. 

No comments: