Tuesday, June 15, 2021

To Be Brief: Trust

Everything is so strange right now. So much hostility, so much fear, and all manner of confusions on all sides.

God is merciful and He will keep those who are Him. He will forgive those who turn to Him.

Again and again, I am reminded of Scriptures which speak of people hiding under rocks and in caves, at God’s judgments—refusing to repent. Still indignant, set against His sovereignty.  

I’ll plead as He leads. But I can’t force hands either. Whatever He wills, He will accomplish. 

I am afraid. But I trust the Lord, when I fear. I trust Him to constrain me, to redirect me, to use me even when my own heart and mind are so woefully, atrociously faithless. To so falter from trusting Him wholeheartedly, as to fear…is sad. 

He is so trustworthy. Jesus laid down His life for us. He humbled Himself, taking on flesh…and bore our disdain and mockery and insensitivity and faithlessness while among us. And He loved the Father perfectly even so, and loved us perfectly from that space, in spite of our wretchedness. 

He gave His life to purchase us, to free us, to give us life. He will not abandon us. And He knows how tomorrow will come, and He will guide our steps.

Whom He loves, He chastens, and He disciplines those who are His children. His judgment begins with us. And for those who are His, this is refining, to His glory and our confirmation to the image of our blessed Lord.

He will not forsake us. We have been bought with His own blood. We can trust Him.

No comments: